Monday, November 3, 2014

SP Barcelona- Rio Acima Letter 17

Dear Family & Friends,

Happy November! It really does not feel like November. Are you sure it's not July?! Still melting and Brazil is having a severe lack of water. There are several areas around us that didn't have water for a few days last week. I'm a little bit scared! Actually alot. So we are preparing and doing everything possible to save water! We are all praying for rain and November 16th all the members of the church in Brazil will fast together to help those without water. I know Heavenly Father will take care of us!

And Happy late Halloween! Unfortunately no one here really celebrated and I love Halloween so that was a bit sad. But I'll get my candy fix when I come home. Did you hear that family? Save some for me!

Ok now for the exciting news. Luiz Carlos went to church again yesterday and he had the chance to see the baptism of the other ward, so he is all set to be baptized on Saturday!!!!! I am so excited! He is very anxious and a little bit scared of what will happen after baptism- if he will be strong enough to resist temptation and addiction. We have been talking a lot about the gift of the Holy Ghost and he tells us every lesson "I'm ready to change, I know I can do it". We fasted for him yesterday. Please pray for him to stay strong this week. He's gone several weeks without using any drugs but he did drink one day last week. I know he will stay strong. He needs baptism now more than ever!!!!

Moroni 8:25-26 "And the first fruits of repentance is baptism, and baptism cometh by faith." Luiz Carlos is showing that he has repented of his past and he has faith to enter the waters of baptism. "[The] Comforter filleth with hope and perfect love". With the Holy Ghost as his light and guide, he will have the strength to overcome his problems and stay firm. With perfect love and hope, we can't have fear. The gift of the Holy Ghost will be the confidence he needs to continue on the straight and narrow path back to our Father in Heaven!

Murilo was at his Dad's house this past weekend so we aren't sure if he made it to church in another ward. If so, he can be baptized Saturdaytoo. If not, his baptism will be Sunday after church. His mom (less-active) is so grateful we are teaching her son. She is so excited for Murilo to be baptized! Murilo is truly feasting upon the words in the Book of Mormon, studying with real intent, and always says the most sincere prayers during our lessons. He is so ready for baptism! Pray for him too!!!

On Saturday we did a service project with all the missonaries in the interior (half the mission). We helped clean and paint a school in the city of Trujilo. It was awesome! President and Sister Farnes and their family were there too. I loved having the opportunity to do a big service project. Reminds me of all the service projects we did in Sacramento! I love service. Always makes you feel good.

So guess what... I am having lots of trouble remembering English. I never thought this would happen to me! Eduardo (recent convert) is learning English and has been asking me lots of questions. It's a little bit frustrating when I can't remember how to pronounce words or remember how to say things in English. I can write just fine but even reading my scriptures in English is starting to become more strange than reading in Portuguese. Just goes to show that having a Brazilian companion has helped me A TON. My language abilites have improved so much over the past 2 transfers. 

This week is the last week of training Sister R. Santos. We are going to end this transfer with a BANG! Finish strong!!!! Next week we will have transfers. Stay tuned :)

I LOVE YOU ALL!
Sempre Sorria,
Sister Jorgensen

P.S. Pics at the service project. First is with all the sisters- look closely and you'll find Sister Talli Archibald! Love her. The other is with a group of us and our awesome new tshirts. They aren't exactly "Mormon Helping Hands" shirts, but close enough! 



No comments:

Post a Comment