Monday, October 27, 2014

SP Barcelona- Rio Acima Letter 16

Dear Family & Friends,

Luiz Carlos came to church yesterday!!! YAY! He is really progressing. He has trouble reading but we've been reading with him and teaching him slowly so he understands everything. He told us that we are angels sent from God helping him change his life! Woohoo! Eduardo (recent convert) has been doing awesome at being his friend this past week. He's been helping us teach him. I am so happy with this!

We have another investigator on date for baptism November 8th: Murilo. He is 15 years old, the son of a less-active named Ivone that we found street contacting. She moved here recently so we didn't have her on our ward list. It was a miracle we found her because she didn't have the courage to go to church on her own. The youth in the ward are doing a great job of interacting with Murilo and inviting him to activities. He loves the Book of Mormon and is really excited about baptism!

On Tuesday all the missionaries in our zone (about 20 of us) went to one area to do a "Blitz" to help out the other sisters. Each companionship was in charge of a road and we had about 3 hours to contact people and find as many new investigators as possible. Sister R. Santos and I found some really neat families and put 2 people on date for baptism! That day was certainly a powerful and productive day of missionary work for this area. It was a good experience! United our zone, helped the other sisters, and we learned that we can accomplish ALOT in just a few hours.

"And we did magnify our office unto the Lord, taking upon us the responsibility, answering the sins of the people upon our own heads if we did not teach them the word of God with all diligence..." (Jacob 1:19)

This scripture really jumped out at me during my personal study this morning. We always talk about being more diligent missionaries, but I have never thought about teaching more diligently. How can I teach more diligently? I can ask more inspired questions, listen better. I can seek to follow the Spirit in discerning what our investigator needs. I can explain scriptures and testify more. I realized today that I truly have a responsibility to "teach with all diligence", teach every person to the best of my ability to they can understand. I must continue to do my best to teach simply, boldly, and with love. I must continue to pray and study for the needs of my investigators so they can feel and learn through the power of the Holy Ghost.

I am so grateful to have this chance to serve the Lord and teach His gospel! I am learning so much and seeking to be a better missionary each and every day. It's not easy but it's so worth it. We had so many moments of pure happiness this week. Pure happiness for me is seeing my companion happy. She's not one to express joy, but when she finally does, I can't help but smile!!! Sister R. Santos is an incredible missionary and I am so thankful for the chance to be serving with her.

I hope you all have a great week! Just have to thank each and every one of you for your love and support. Love and miss you all!
Sempre Sorria,
Sister Jorgensen

P.S. Pics... I CUT MY HAIR!!!!! I feel at least 50 lbs lighter and so free! And I hit my 13 month mark this week. And 6 months in Brazil. WOOHOOOO!



No comments:

Post a Comment