Monday, November 10, 2014

SP Barcelona- Rio Acima Letter 18

Dear Family & Friends,

LUIZ CARLOS WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!! We had a combined baptismal service with the other sisters who share the church building with us. Everything went perfectly! He was definitely nervous, but Irmão Claudi (member who baptized him) helped him alot. It made me so happy to see the ward members jumping in to make him feel welcome and comforted. Luiz Carlos was our miracle this transfer. No doubt the gospel changes people from the inside out! His mom came to the baptism and to church on Sunday to see him recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost.  She cried as she saw her son get baptized and told us she never thought this day would happen. Luiz Carlos has caused her much heartache and sleepless nights over the years, and now, she has the biggest smile and glow of happiness. |Makes my heart smile! Yes, let's baptize her next :)

Yesterday was the best Sunday of my mission. Aside from the fact that Luiz Carlos was confirmed and his mom Tereza came to support him, Eduardo (recent convert) passed the Sacrament, gave his first talk, and recieved his first calling. He will be helping out with the Young Men- perfect! I can't even express how happy I am to see one of our recent converts progressing in the gospel and growing his testimony. SO AWESOME! And Murilo also was at church with his mom and stepdad! Such a great Sunday. WOOHOO!

Unfortunately Murilo was not baptized this week. When we passed by his house the other night to confirm everything for the baptism, he was so stressed out and crying because he didn't want to be baptized. He felt like he was being rushed into it and he was worried about what would happen on the weekends when he went to his dad's house. After listening, resolving his doubts, and much prayer, we decided to take a few steps back on focus on helping him gain a stronger testimony. We had a basic lesson on the name of the Church and we taught him the Joseph Smith story again. He was able to see Luiz Carlos get baptized and I know this helped him feel a lot better. I know it won't be long before he gets baptized! Keep praying for him please!

To my surprise, Sister R. Santos and I will be staying in Rio Acima for another transfer! I was shocked when we got the call. Normally after training, the trainer leaves so I was all ready to be transferred. But the Lord certainly knows better than I do so here we go! I found a lot of peace reading Alma 17 this morning. As I continue to serve the people of Rio Acima just like Ammon served the King, I know the Lord will bless me with the ability and strength to  continue in this area with my companion. Oh how my mission is teaching me lots and lots of pacience. Let's make this transfer the best one yet!!!!

I only have 3 transfers left of my mission... SCARY.

I hope you all have the best week ever!! LOVE YOU ALL! Thanks for praying for Luiz Carlos, Murilo, and the rain! Yes, it rained a ton this week. We won't die of lack of water! I know the Lord hears and answers our prayers!

Sempre Sorria,
Sister Jorgensen

P.S. Pics of the baptism (Luiz Carlos is on the far right- he was happy, I promise!) and of Murilo, his mom Ivone, and his step dad Silvio. Love this family. Murilo WILL be baptized! I have faith!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment