Monday, June 16, 2014

São Paulo- Santana Letter 6

Dear Family & Friends,

This week was another crazy one! Super busy, but it's a great feeling to lose yourself in this labor of love and work of the Lord, and focus all your energy on others!

Tuesday we had an awesome Zone Training and exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders. Sister Rodrigues came to our area for the day and we had tons of powerful lessons with our investigators in Zaki Narchi. Sister Rodrigues is from the interior of São Paulo and is 33 years old, but you would never know it! She is so excited and energetic about everything. I learned many new teaching techniques from her. She LOVES Subway so we ate there for lunch. Did you know they have Subway here in Brazil? I was happy!!!

Thursday was the first Brazil World Cup game and wow, it was INSANE! Alabama football on steroids. Not even kidding. We worked for a few hours before the game and we talked with people as they were getting ready. Everyone, I mean everyone, was wearing yellow and green. Brazil flags and banners everywhere. The roads and sidewalks were spray painted. All the stores closed. It's like the world stopped. How cool is it to be in São Paulo during the World Cup?? We had to be inside before the game started to avoid all the partying. But we didn't have to watch the game to know what was going on. Being in the middle of the city was like being in the middle of the stadium! Every goal brought fireworks, noisemakers, and cheering. It was fun to listen from the window! We had our own little missionary world cup party with popcorn and had lots of time to study and catch up on our area book.

Friday we woke up at 5am to go to the federal police station for my visa paperwork. I'm an official Brazilian now! While we were waiting in line, the phone rang and it was President Martins. Sister Paredes was being transfered that day. What?? Another transfer?! I guess President Martins is trying to finalize everything before the new mission president arrives this month.

Sister Pinon and I are now in a trio with Sister Nascimento, and let me tell you, she is an answer to prayer! I have been praying for an experienced Brazilian companion. She is a former Sister Training Leader and has been out for almost 14 months. She is from Curitiba, Brazil and was baptized a year before she left on her mission, the only member in her family. Sister Nascimento is an INCREDIBLE missionary with an inspiring testimony. She is truly a blessing! She is the only reason I am not exploding with all the craziness of our two areas. Heavenly Father knew I needed her!

This week was full of miracles. We had 8 investigators at church again yesterday! I don't know how we have so many awesome people to teach, I don't even know where they are all coming from. This is true joy! I am still in awe. We are being blessed so much. Santana is on fire and we are going to have baptisms!!!

I am tired but I am SO happy!! We have been working so hard! What a week. I am so grateful for this opportunity to dedicate 18 months of my life to serve my Heavenly Father and be a representative of Jesus Christ. It's so rewarding to serve with all my heart and strength. I know this gospel changes lives and blesses families. I know this church is the only true and living church upon the face of the earth.

Pray for missionary opportunities, live your testimony, and let others see and feel of your light. And remember, anything is possible with faith! I love you all!

Com Amor,
Sister Jorgensen

P.S. Pics of our trio with Sister Nascimento and the other on the day of the world cup game before Sister Paredes was transferred



No comments:

Post a Comment