Monday, February 17, 2014

Sacramento Week 14

Dear Family & Friends,

We had an AWESOME week and I can't even express how happy and blessed I feel right now. I'm still in awe! I don't even understand how all these great things are happening but it just goes to show that this is truly the Lord's work and He prepares the way.

On Friday night, after an appointment fell through, we went to visit a family who has been on our potential investigator sheet for awhile. They weren't interested in the past but always civil to what we had to say on the doorstep. This time when they opened the door, they invited us in immediately. The wife, Shelly, told us she had been chatting with missionaries on mormon.org and talking with a few of her Mormon friends. She said all of a sudden it feels like everywhere she turns there is a Mormon; even her new boss is a member of the church. She drives by our church building several times a week and asked us how she could get another copy of the Book of Mormon. We were SHOCKED! We talked to them a little bit about their religious background, set up an appointment to start teaching them, and BOOM! They came to church yesterday and stayed for all 3 hours. The husband, Jason, read the entire Restoration pamphlet we left them and did the additional study section in the back. What?! Who does that?! This never happens!!!

Jason and Shelly are a MIRACLE. Another family to teach!! There is no doubt the Lord has been preparing them. I have never seen investigators so ready. They have a baby boy and a 4 year old named Josie who calls us the "Jesus Girls" because sister missionaries always give her pictures of Jesus. This family is a testimony to me that Heavenly Father prepares people and even if they haven't been interested in the past, those little seeds from previous missionaries take root and miracles happen! I know our other appointment fell through for a reason and the Lord always has a backup plan, which is sometimes better than the original. Everyone at church was so excited to have a new family come! Jason and Shelly are golden. I can't wait to go back to see them this week!

We added another new investigator named Patty. Patty is in her late 60s and needs a sense of direction in her life after raising her son with down syndrome. Missionaries back in 2007 taught her son the lessons, though he was never baptized, so Patty is familiar with our beliefs. She calls us her daughters because she never had any. She is so sweet! My favorite part of the lesson with her was when we were asking her about the Book of Mormon and she told us that she knew it was true and enjoys reading it. YAY!! She, like Jason and Shelly, has also been prepared by the Lord to accept the gospel at this time. This is so cool... teaching people that are so ready and willing to hear what we have to share!!!!

Another highlight of the week was attending Zone Conference with the 50-60 missionaries in our area. The theme of conference was "What will I do to baptize many truly converted people?". We each had to write a 2-3 minute talk about that subject. In part of President Lewis' training, he read part of my talk where I talked about the picture of Christ that I have by my desk that reminds me of my purpose- this is His work, my words are His words, and He is my third companion. I thought that was neat that he read part of my talk, especially because only 2 people were called on to read theirs. As I looked around at all the other missionaries at Zone Conference, I had this feeling come over me that I was in the right place, that this was my mission, and that I could do this whole missionary thing with the Lord at my side!

Today as I write this email, I feel so overwhelmed with gratitude, love, and peace. I am so grateful for each and every one of you, all the support and encouragement you give me each day. Thanks for the countless emails, letters, and packages. They mean so much to me! I also am grateful to my Father in Heaven who has truly provided the way for us to accomplish many wonderful things this week. The work in this area is starting to pick up and it's so neat to be apart of! I am grateful to other missionaries who worked so hard in this area before me, because they laid the foundation, just as we are doing for future missionaries too. There is no doubt that the Lord labors with us. This is His work.

Enos 1:27 "I rejoice in the day when...I shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father."

I can't wait for the day when I will see Christ, who is my Savior and Redeemer, my older brother and friend, and to have Him take me in His arms and say "Well done, my good and faithful servant". It is His love and approval I seek each day. This mission is for Him. I know He lives and I know He is right beside me every day, whether they be days of sunshine or rain.

I love you all and pray for the Lord to pour out His blessings upon you. Never forget who you are or where you came from. You are here for a reason and through our Savior, your life will be filled with hope and purpose!

Love, 
Sister Jorgensen

P.S. Pic of a pretty flower we found... you know, just finding joy in the small things :) The other is of Sister Zenger and I at Zone Conference- so good to reunite with her!




No comments:

Post a Comment