Monday, February 23, 2015

Itapetininga Letter 10

Dear Family & Friends,

This week was great! The best part of the week was Wednesday when all the missionaries in the interior got to go to the Campinas Temple. I LOVE THE TEMPLE! The temple is truly the house of the Lord, a sacred place of worship where we go to make special promises with God and recieve spiritual strength. I have no doubt that the Lord visits His temples. What a privilege and blessing it was to go this week. It was awesome! I have never felt the Spirit so strong as I did that day. So much peace and comfort. Just the spiritual reboost I needed. I will really miss the temples here in Brazil.

The low point of the week... our incredible family from english class (Isabel, Eugenio, and Aracele) don't want to meet with us anymore. This one really broke my heart. Isabel read some very anti-Mormon stuff on the internet and researched a lot of deep doctrine. It's tough because they were worried about knowing all the facts and they weren't able to understand the simplicity of reading and praying to know if the Book of Mormon was true. I'm still praying for them because I know this family will be baptized one day. Aracele will be a future sister missionary and Isabel will be the best Relief Society President ever. Heavenly Father will take care of them.

Giovana came to church yesterday and her mom did too!!! She still has doubts if this is where God wants her to be, but she has had so many spiritual experiences and she knows it's true. She will have a baptismal interview this week and her baptism will be Saturday!

"I delight to do thy will...yea, thy law is within my heart" (Psalms 40:8)

These precious days I have left on my mission are not mine, but the Lord's. Every minute and every hour belongs to HIm. I will keep praying fervently to recognize the Lord's will and be the instrument He wants me to be. My prayer is that the Lord uses me in the way He needs me so that I can help His children on the journey to return back to Him. How great is my calling!

I love and miss you all! Thank you for your countless prayers, your many thoughts, and your never ending support and love.

Seja Valente e Fiel,
Sister Jorgensen

P.S. Ran into Sister R. Santos at the temple. Makes me so proud to see how much she has grown! She is serving in a new area as a senior companion and doing many incredible things. The other pic is of our zone!





No comments:

Post a Comment