Monday, December 15, 2014

SP Barcelona- Rio Acima Letter 23

Dear Family & Friends,

Well, this is my last Rio Acima letter. Tomorrow I will be transfered to Itapitanenga! I think that's how you spell it. I have no idea what it's like or where it is or if it's a branch or a ward or how many missionaries are serving there. And I can't remember my companion's name. But there is one thing I found out, and I was very shocked to hear... 

I am going to be a Sister Training Leader. Remember how I kind of sort of stress out about things? You can only imagine. Feeling super inadequate and very nervous, but excited!!!

"God does not begin by asking us about our ability but only about our availability and if we then prove our dependability He will increase our capability." (Neal A. Maxwell) Thanks for this quote a few weeks ago, Mom. You must be a fortune teller!

I am so grateful for the past 6 months I have had to serve here in Rio Acima. "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our JOY would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some. Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors, and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are MANY" (Alma 26:30-31)

The fruits of our labors are many!!! Heavenly Father has poured out His Spirit upon this area and I know Rio Acima will continue to thrive. I have learned so much from my experiences here. Aside from learning that you can never get to close to a dog, I have realized what it takes to help someone through the true process of conversion. I have learned that faith and exact obedience brings miracles. I have seen the power of prayer in action. I will never forget the Sunday we had 16 people in our gospel principles class, or seeing Eduardo come to church in a white shirt and tie for the first time, the miracle of finding Luiz Carlos, or the night Murilo told us he was going to be baptized. THIS IS JOY! We have had so much success with the "He is the Gift" video on mormon.org during these past few weeks. Lives are being touched, and generations are being impacted.

This week was actually an extremely difficult week. There were a few moments of tears and there was a point when I thought we had lost one of the families we were teaching. We tried everything, and I mean everything, to have a baptismon Saturday and it all fell through. I began to question what I was doing as a missionary and felt like I had no experience and didn't know anything. This is why I was completely shocked yesterday when I got the call to be a sister training leader. It was a confirmation to me that Heavenly Father trusts me and that He is in control. He knows what I need to grow. He knows what I need to continue on my journey to VALIANCE!

I know this week will be crazy but I am so excited to help the other sisters, to go on exchanges, and to help in training! It won't be easy, and I know I will have moments when I feel like I am not adequate enough, but I just need to trust Heavenly Father. I am His servant. I am an instrument in His hands. Everything that has happened on my mission until now, the missionary I am today, everything, is because of Him and the strength my Savior has given me. 

I love and miss you all! Thank you for the many thoughts and prayers.

Seja Valente e Fiel,
Sister Jorgensen

P.S. I made my sweet companion french toast today, thanks to the syrup my mom sent a few weeks ago. I will really miss Sister R. Santos. She has grown SO MUCH since the beginning. What a priviledge it was to train her. In reality, she trained me. The other pic is of Helio, Aides, Neto, Athaide, and Taina- a incredible family that is going to be baptized one day really, really soon. The parents need to get married and we are still working on getting Aides's permission to baptize the kids. I know Sister R. Santos and her new companion will take care of them! 



No comments:

Post a Comment