Saturday, October 19, 2013

MTC Week 3

Dear Family & Friends,

I can't believe another week has come and gone! Friday already?! Mid-October already?! Crazy!!!! This week was good! A lot of really cool things happened this week. I have so many reasons to be grateful for this incredible opportunity I have to serve.

On Sunday, Sister Bonnie Oscarson (Young Women General President) came and spoke to all the sister missionaries during Relief Society meeting. She talked about the parable of the vineyard in Jacob 5, specifically verse 72 where it talks about the Lord laboring with us. There is nothing too hard for the Lord and because He is always with me, I can do hard things!

On Tuesday, my district decided to sing with the MTC choir. We sang the Mormon Tabernacle Choir version of "Praise to the Man"- so beautiful and powerful and WOW. I wish you all could have heard it! And guess who came to speak? Elder Dallin H. Oaks, one of the 12 apostles. Yup, 2 general authorities in one week. We must be at the Missionary Training Center or something :) Elder Oaks gave an incredible talk about the only "true and living" church. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is "true and living" because Christ lives and He is at the head! The Lord guides our church through modern-day, living prophets and apostles who have His authority. The Heavens are open! I am so grateful to be a missionary for our true and living church!

We are still progressing with the language and working hard with teaching our lessons. It's not easy, that's for sure. But I know I am supposed to be here and there are people out there that need to hear the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ! The other day I was sitting in class and thinking about how truly happy I am. Happy to be in the service of the Lord and becoming the missionary that He wants me to be!

Another thing that made this week awesome was that I found out, thanks to a sweet letter from my mom, that I was accepted into the Journalism program at BYU!!!!! SO EXCITED! Even though I won't be returning to BYU until Spring 2015, it's so comforting to know that I have a place when I go back. Ahhh I am so excited! All that hard work paid off! I can't wait to see where Journalism takes me, especially with coming back fluent in a second language (according to God's will of course). He has blessed me so much!!! No doubt that everything works out when you put your trust in Him and do His will.

I spent some time in the health center this past week (my companion has been sick) and I happened to pick up one of the Ensigns, one of our church magazines, where I found the best quote ever: "Often small acts of service are all that are required to lift and bless another: a question concerning a person's family, quick words of encouragement, a sincere compliment, a small note of thanks, a brief telephone call. If we are observant and aware, and if we act on the promptings which come to us, we can accomplish much good" (President Thomas S. Monson). LOVE this quote! It reminded me of a sign we used to have in our house when we lived in Arizona. It said the verse in Hebrews 13:2 "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares". Whenever we feel like we should say something nice to someone or smile at the person walking by, do it! We never know what people are struggling with. We never know what our small act of kindness can do. Little acts of kindness can make the biggest difference to someone's day. So there's my little thought about being nice to people :)

Ok I just have to say thanks again to everyone for all the letters and emails this week. I feel so loved! Thanks for the uplifting words, I need them! I love you all!!! Have a great weekend!

Love,
Sister Jorgensen

P.S. So about the pics... here's our classroom, the other is when I ran into Memo, the other is playing in the leaves during the temple walk last Sunday. Another is of all the girls in our district (we attempted to all wear black, white, and red- yes this is how we add flavor to our lives here at the MTC- haha). Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment